Horizon Dive Adventures Complaint Filed in Federal Court

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Overlooking or not reacting to one piece invalidates everything?
It's key empirical evidence. And yes one piece of evidence can invalidate an entire scenario, like the initial suspicions that (it was their 3rd 200ft dive) they ran out of O2 either on the ascent or shortly after surfacing and then the loop went hypoxic and he drowned. I along with may others suspected that in the days immediately after his death and that scenario is false. There was O2 in plenty sufficient quantities even after he lost consciousness and the loop was never hypoxic.

If you think he embolized and the embolism caused hypoxia in his brain that's all well and good, but there's no information to support or refute that. The time to body recovery along with the mess of the ME's office in Monroe County means that we are unlikely to ever get good information to assess your hypothesis.

Maybe it's because I'm ex-Navy
Nah. You're not a local. You have no idea how it works here and you think we're just yokels. A job needed to be done and they did it. I couldn't do it. You weren't there. So feel free to armchair quarterback just as I feel free to ignore your rantings. These men took it upon themselves to find and recover the deceased after he had made some horrible decisions. I applaud their efforts and am thankful they were successful.

Nah. You're not a local. You have no idea how it works here and you think we're just yokels. A job needed to be done and they did it. I couldn't do it. You weren't there. So feel free to armchair quarterback just as I feel free to ignore your rantings. These men took it upon themselves to find and recover the deceased after he had made some horrible decisions. I applaud their efforts and am thankful they were successful.
I’ve done it. There is no glory.

Maybe Crazy, but Just wondering if would be possible for them to have been decoing on 10/70 rather than 100% hence Sotis hypoxic episode?

Maybe it's because I'm ex-Navy and we had lots of divers, but It would seem to me that an area like the Keys would be rich in diving resources that doesn't include the owner of the business and a lawyer for the insurance company (both potentially responsible for or agents of entities responsible for some, if not a large portion of the liability) for that recovery effort? They had to know that their efforts that day were clearly a recovery and not a rescue effort, as they were at the dive site with a deep submersible vehicle looking at 200+ ft. It's hard to imagine that with legal counsel on board they didn't understand the risks that the conflict of interest would appear others, but somehow that was mitigated by them effecting the recovery? I'll leave my internet sleuthing at this.

Rich in divers, yes. Rich in divers who can carry out an open-water search and recovery operation at 200+ ft in potential low-viz conditions, no. I have enough of an understanding of tech diving to not want to go near it and have talked to enough people in the Keys to buy the assertion that there wasn't anyone else equally qualified in the area.

Rich in divers, yes. Rich in divers who can carry out an open-water search and recovery operation at 200+ ft in potential low-viz conditions, no. I have enough of an understanding of tech diving to not want to go near it and have talked to enough people in the Keys to buy the assertion that there wasn't anyone else equally qualified in the area.
This wasn’t exactly a planned recovery. It wasn’t like the search team found Rob, called the coroner, and the coroner made body recovery arrangements, so when you say “have talked to enough people in the Keys to buy the assertion that there wasn't anyone else equally qualified in the area”, you are correct, there were no folks within 100 miles or so that were more qualified. There was a trained technical forensics team known to the coroner, however. Too bad the coroner never had the opportunity to call them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom