hose stabilizer - should be moveable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bartlomiej

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I have a wireless main torch and do not have the canister. I have bought a hose stabilizer. It is moving along the belt. According to DIR and/or good practices, should I use triglider in order to stop it in one place or it should be movable like a knife?

Thanks for the answers, so I make sure - It should not be movable and is not my personal feeling of discomfort when it is moving?

where does one purchase one of these doohickies?

I'm not sure, but I think "hose stabilizer" might refer to something like this: Extreme Exposure

Now that I have heard the term, I think "hose stabilizer" is more apt than "mock canister stick." Not everyone with a long-hose reg setup needs or wants a canister light.

"mock canister stick" sounds like a really bad translation of something else.

chinese-toy-instructions-7740672.jpg

When I bought mine it was branded as a "hose retainer", which makes more sense IMO.

The second picture in the link up above shows a belt buckle. I think a tri-glide would be just as effective. Belt buckles were used so you could easily pull a canister off to charge it. Obviously, that's not needed with such a device. BTW, at $17.60, you could easily print one for a dollar. The obvious medium would be ABS. You could even design it to have the tri-glide built in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom