Hoseless wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Evans

"Mr Mares"
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is it possible to drop the corrugated hose from a wing, and use another method........ Standard drysuit infaltor? Airtrim? :D , I can see problems, manual inflation being a bit of a headache as well as position of the inflator, but is there a way?

I know I'am going to get a lot of stick for this thread :11: but what the hell :eyebrow:

There are always other ways to do things, the way to do it would depend on what you are trying to do. The problem would not be the inflation, but how you would want to vent gas when in a heads up position.

:wink: Jess

Don't know the model names but in the last year or so, SeaQuest, Scuba Pro and I think Mares have come out with BCs that do not have the corrugated hose...

Venting gas shoud'nt be a problem, manual dump at top of the wing.

Mares = Airtrim
Cressi = Flight control
Seaquest use standard inflator valves
Not sure what scubapro are up to!

The objective is to lose the hose......Simple :wink:

SQ has the Fusion, has a drysuit type inflator placed about midway down the BC on the left side, and a rubber oral inflator hose coiled up in a pocket.

Mr Mares:
The objective is to lose the hose......Simple :wink:

I would be more interested in why you think the hose is a problem. In doing more than a few dives, with singles and doubles, I've yet to have an issue with using, or finding, a properly configured inflation hose.

Convoluted fixes for non-problems.

MD

MechDiver:
I would be more interested in why you think the hose is a problem. In doing more than a few dives, with singles and doubles, I've yet to have an issue with using, or finding, a properly configured inflation hose.

Convoluted fixes for non-problems.

MD

Hi MD

Yes I know your view of the Airtrim system :D

and I think you know I am talking about BP/W...............
as opposed to wing style jackets.

I just don't like the hose!
I know..... I know, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

now the seaquest system fitted to a wing :D

Your probably going to rip me to shreds :eyebrow: but here goes...........

More streamlined
Less chance of entanglment
easier to service and maintain
Very simple
You can't fit a AIR 2 This has to be the clincher

Feel free to do your worst :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom