Hot! Expats In Asia

ASIA SUB-FORUM FOR EXPATS LIVING AND WORKING THERE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
CHANGE TWO --
We need to create a sub-forum for ALL EXPATS living and working Asia. It is a safe assumption that if they are using SCUBABOARD they are associated with diving in some way shape or form. This is an important issue for EXPATS in Asia. The idea is to create a sub-forum in ASIA for EXPATS to find information about everything from diving, emergency service information to work permits. Take the time to vote what you think and/or provide comments. We want to add to the overall effectiveness of SCUBABOARD.

too devisive:D I like the PPD anyway. :wink:

The intent is to provide the EXPAT community in ASIA with a means to get information about the respective country they work or live in, local work permit laws, places to go, people that can assist with emergengies and so on. It can be very difficult at times to try to find a one-stop-shop for these kinds of things. Several asian countries use a written language foreign to EXPATS working there and it gets to be challenging at times. After several sidebar discussions with other EXPATS about these things it seems logical to have a place like a sub-forum for EXPATS. I know many instructors, dive guides and resort owners that complain about the lack of "local information". Just give it some thought. The idea is to add to SCUBABOARD...not take away from any of the hard work in progress.

Just to understand the question, it is not about having a sub section for all expats living in Asia but only dive professionals ?

That is correct....folks in the industry. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I made the correction. Thanks for the question.....eys to brain to fingers back to eyes disconnect on my part.

Babydamulag:
That is correct....folks in the industry. I guess I wasn't clear enough.
Why only people in the industry? It seems to me that all expats are faced with similar problems in Asia whatever they do. Everyone here is also a diver so why shouldn't all expats be able to share in this idea? (Spoken as a non-dive professional expat who feels slightly excluded right now!!!)

As forums go...no one is ever EXCLUDED.....without some focus it gets too weird.

Back
Top Bottom