Hot topics in diving medicine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladabiel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everybody,
I would like to ask You for Your opinion, especially if is present researcher in diving medic. I´m physician in general internal medicine and now is time for choose theme for my future PhD study. Because of my hobby, i would like to choose some nice topic from diving medicine. Problem is, that this topic has to be "attractive" to publishing in medical journals. My choice is: "Late adverse effects of Scuba diving from the perspective of internal medicine". My goal is measure basic biochemic, spirometry with CO diffusion, echocardiography, markers of oxidative stress etc now and compare it with datas after one year of active diving (ie minimal bottom time 40 hours) and than it compare with average depth, average calculated pO2 (calculated from dive profile and gas) etc. Do You have some with simillar research or with its results, or have some idea with "better" topic. Thank You for anyidea or advice.

Thanks for reply. I aprreciate it. Im not sure about right way. My theory is, that scuba diving (espec with depths and mixtures near border pO2 level ) is enormous oxidative stress factor (was estabilished by trials),which can accelerate atherosclerosis and other ills. But in literature sources is lack of simillar trials and Im not sure, that results will be statistical significant :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom