Hotel recommendation in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are flying in the day before for the Aggressor Bahamas itinerary in February. Looking for recommendations for a decent hotel for the one night. I've looked at Melia (expensive, a little further out but all inclusive so will get at least 2-3 meals covered) and British Colonial Hilton (expensive, no meals included but in town). We don't need anything fancy, just staying one night and then getting on Aggressor Saturday. Wish I'd done research prior to booking air for the day before or I probably would have just booked for Saturday arrival. Any suggestions appreciated! - Janie

There's a Best Western Bayview Suites on Paradise Island. It should be around $200/nt. Considering that's high season, not too bad. I think it's an older property - I've known of it for at least a decade but never stayed there. Nearby you've got Atlantis for something to do that day/night or there's a ferry to downtown. They probably have privileges at Atlantis also (not sure what that means...)

If you google it, you can see room/grounds photos - looks decent.

Comfort Suites. Adjacent to Atlantis.

You should ask the Aggressor folks for advice, I'm sure they get the same question all the time.

You should ask the Aggressor folks for advice, I'm sure they get the same question all the time.
I did ask Aggressor, they recommended both Melia and British Colonial. Both are >$400/night. Was looking for something a little more reasonable.

Agree with Comfort Suites.

I did ask Aggressor, they recommended both Melia and British Colonial. Both are >$400/night. Was looking for something a little more reasonable.

I am surprised that the Aggressor didn't give you better options. I am sure that they have staff that need to stay over at times and I'll bet that they don't stay at $400 per night hotels!

I agree that the Comfort Suites sounds like a good choice for one night. You will get a free breakfast and have a frig in the room and I believe that you will have access to Atlantis if you would like to look around.

Have fun!

Yes they do provide access to Atlantis, stayed there a few years ago, dove with Stuart Cove. , saw Atlantis.

Comfort Suites in Feb. is $350/nt, which is why I didn't suggest it also. I usually mention both it and Best Western as affordable options compared to Atlantis pricing for someone looking to overnight b4 Blackbeards or diving with Bahama Divers.

Since the OP didn't seem to like the Hilton price, I didn't.

Downtown, besides the Hilton, about twice as far (1/2 mile?) from the dock is the Courtyard Junkanoo Beach. It's less than the Hilton but IDK how much. Aren't they both Hilton chains anyway?

Does that Aggressor provide airport/hotel pick up there also? Anything in Cable Beach should also be an option if they'll pick you up along with divers from the airport - it's on the way (sort of).

Last edited:
Comfort Suites in Feb. is $350/nt, which is why I didn't suggest it also. I usually mention both it and Best Western as affordable options compared to Atlantis pricing for someone looking to overnight b4 Blackbeards or diving with Bahama Divers.

Since the OP didn't seem to like the Hilton price, I didn't.

Downtown, besides the Hilton, about twice as far (1/2 mile?) from the dock is the Courtyard Junkanoo Beach. It's less than the Hilton but IDK how much. Aren't they both Hilton chains anyway?

Does that Aggressor provide airport/hotel pick up there also? Anything in Cable Beach should also be an option if they'll pick you up along with divers from the airport - it's on the way (sort of).
Thanks - Aggressor does not provide airport/hotel transfers to the boat which is located at Elizabeth on the Bay in New Providence. Not sure how much $$ cab is from Paradise Island, will have to research.

Back
Top Bottom