Hotel Warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I would like to voice my displeasure with the Extended Stay America Gainesville I75. We had 3 rooms booked(all with the same confirmation number) with 1 room arriving late but the others checked in fine. We called the hotel around 2:00 PM and stated that we would be late. The front desk personnel stated that that would be perfectly fine. Yurie was the name, I do believe. When we, the third room, arrived it was explained to us that they had given our room away. The money was already charged to our account and like I said our other two rooms were here without issue. When we asked what was going on the front desk person stated that her sugar was dropping and she didn’t feel like dealing with any of this. We were told that we would have to find other accommodations. No other hotels had bookings due to a large event being held in the area. It took us about 2 hours to get the hotel to agree that they would give us our money back. One problem now is we have to find another place to stay for our second night. The second problem is we were already on a tight budget coming down here, we did not expect to have to pay for another place. The money will be back in the account in 7 days but that does not fix us having to sleep in the car tonight and then spending more money for the second night. Yes the problem was sort of solved, yet it could have been avoided had the hotel honored its agreement. Sadly we will not stay here again. This hotel has lost a potential repeat costumer due to our business down in this area (monthly weekend trips for student dive certifications). I find this highly unprofessional. However a few of the surrounding hotels did offer apologies and advice on how to handle this. The general area is a nice place so far.

Nice first post.

Might want to block copy this and drop it on TwitAdvisor. How’s the diving off of Gainesville?

Sorry if I’m coming off as cranky, my blood sugar is low.

We had a similar exciting time of it with Extended stay in Indiana somewhere, and we slept in our car too. Sometimes the cheapo hotels don't have to care, because there are always customers that look at price, not service.
In your situation, I might have offered her a cookie, and then asked for rollaway bed in one of the other rooms for free.

It's a shame, but while the hotels require that we guarantee out stays, most of them are under no requirement to guarantee furnishing the rooms. Sadly, the best you can usually get is your money back and complain to their headquarters.

I book thru Hotels.com usually as they offer a 10% rebate on future stays anywhere, plus they will come thru on additional refunds or bonus credits for bad stays. In the couple of times I had bad stays that left me upset, I had to call more than once each to complain, but got a $100 refund one time, another I got a $80 credit to use on another stay elsewhere.

I would like to voice my displeasure with the Extended Stay America Gainesville I75. We had 3 rooms booked(all with the same confirmation number) with 1 room arriving late but the others checked in fine. We called the hotel around 2:00 PM and stated that we would be late. The front desk personnel stated that that would be perfectly fine. Yurie was the name, I do believe. When we, the third room, arrived it was explained to us that they had given our room away. The money was already charged to our account and like I said our other two rooms were here without issue. When we asked what was going on the front desk person stated that her sugar was dropping and she didn’t feel like dealing with any of this. We were told that we would have to find other accommodations. No other hotels had bookings due to a large event being held in the area. It took us about 2 hours to get the hotel to agree that they would give us our money back. One problem now is we have to find another place to stay for our second night. The second problem is we were already on a tight budget coming down here, we did not expect to have to pay for another place. The money will be back in the account in 7 days but that does not fix us having to sleep in the car tonight and then spending more money for the second night. Yes the problem was sort of solved, yet it could have been avoided had the hotel honored its agreement. Sadly we will not stay here again. This hotel has lost a potential repeat costumer due to our business down in this area (monthly weekend trips for student dive certifications). I find this highly unprofessional. However a few of the surrounding hotels did offer apologies and advice on how to handle this. The general area is a nice place so far.
I was in central London when there was a security lockdown (tube boming). The hotel kept our rooms at the original price, but their local rivals dropped all booking and charged those stuck in London 10 times the normal rete. A year later only the hotel we used was still in business - people remember.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom