housing finally available for olympus C-700,720,730!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
Ikelite announced this month that they are releasing a housing for the popular olympus c 700,720,730 series will be available in December. Its on their website now for $500, about $100 less than the going USD price. I was hoping Olympus would come out with one of their 2 hundred dollar range housings for the C-730 that I have but I asked Olympus about it and they said they have no plans at this time to build a housing for the C-700 series. Oh well, at least with the Ikelite housing you can go deeper than what you can go with the Olympus 30 meter limit.

=)

This is good news as I got my wife a C-720 for her birthday. It looks like a great housing ... just wish Oly would make theirs so I can afford it for my wife's x-mas present! :). But at least I can start saving for it.

yeah i wish olympus made a housing because they're so affordable at $250. But at least with the Ikelite, your wife doesn't have to worry about leaving her camera behind on deeper dives. The olympus housing only goes to about 90', where the Ikelite will well beyond recreational dive limits... i think its tested for around 300 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom