housing for D3200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwhthediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone but Ikelite make a housing for the D3200? I have only found Ikelite so far

Goooood morning America....

NI3D3200ZM for Nikon D3200

Found this one for you.....

I believe that there were questions about the quality of this company in the past. Also, why 3200? You need to know the limitation of the D3200 concerning lens focusing before you buy.

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:38 PM ----------

If you are in the US, you need to make sure that the housing manufacturer has a support base in the US.

The D3200 was a gift, and since I love my wife and won't hurt her feelings, I didn't say would rather have the D5100. I ended up purchasing the Ikelite housing and a flat port for the kit lens. I added 2 YSD1 strobes and will see how I like it before I sell off my old(2 years) EPL1 Olympus system, which has been versatile and done ALMOST everything I want it to do.

Last edited:
The D3200 was a gift, and since I love my wife and won't hurt her feelings, I didn't say would rather have the D5100. I ended up purchasing the Ikelite housing and a flat port for the kit lens. I added 2 YSD1 strobes and will see how I like it before I sell off my old(2 years) EPL1 Olympus system, which has been versatile and done ALMOST everything I want it to do.

I would like to know how you solve the problem about auto focusing? Since D3200 lack of focusing motor, most of the lenses which have not built-in focusing motor will not auto fucus with D3200 or D5200. Wide angle lense like 10.5 mm or Tokina 10-17 fisheye will not auto focus with D3200 too.

the Nikon AF-S will auto-focus, as will several wide-angle lenses (but not the fisheye lens, like you mentioned). - Scott

You should be able to manual focus with a fisheye, as with wide angle your focus point will be less critical than with macro.

It's not "wide-angle" that keeps those lens from focusing with the D3200, it's "old".
There's no technical reason that prevents Nikon/Tokina/etc. from putting a motor
in those lenses. The Nikon 10-24 focuses just fine with the D40/D60 which also
don't have a focus motor in the body.

The Nikon 10-24 will autofocus because it has a motor. The Tokina 10-17 does not. That is the technical reason one will focus and one will not with the 3200 camera.

I have used the D3200, with ikelite housing and single ds51 strobe(gonna get two).
Been useing it for about 30 dives now, and i think it's good !
I do coldwater diving, and almost all off these 30's have been night dives.

I mostly do macro and "super macro".. but regular photos aswell..
em using flat port mostly, but for the standard shots, and video, i'll use a 6" fixed port.

ps. for video, you need REALY good light to use the af-f... i just use the af-s.. seems to work the best, atleast here in the dark waters we have.

I just have the 18-55 VR kit lens, but i find i can do much with it..( yeah i know it's not the best lens for this cam! )
with a +10 diopter i do very nice makro of Nudies, anemones, shrimp, etc..
But i will get the 60mm nikon macro lens, and the 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX, and/or 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye..

Good focus light is a must..!

I can post some pics if you want to. just shout :)

Back
Top Bottom