Wanted Housing for D7000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pucenavel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a housing for a Nikon D7000 for my daughter who is currently in school for Marine Science and looking to potentially go into some field that incorporates photography along with the science. We also have an extra D7000 body (my old camera), so there's that....

I'm looking for a housing to fit that body but will probably buy whatever lens is best suited for the housing (fixed focal length).

I'd be interested in any of the following:
  • Housing for D7000 with lens adapter only (I'll find and buy appropriate lens)
  • Housing for D7000 along with a lens that fits the case
  • Housing for D7000 that will work with a Tamron 18-400 zoom
  • Full setup of a camera body (preferably Nikon DSLR DX) lens and housing
Thanks!

I had one that I used for a handful of years but sold it to a buddy here in N Florida. I even threw in the D7000 for free! (Aquatica housing used but not abused.)
I hear he's been so busy that he hasn't even used it yet. Maybe he'll see your thread and will reply.
I had no issues with that camera and housing, except it often wouldn't change back and forth from photo mode to video in the housing. The Aquatica housing I use with my D800 also does this.
Her marine science degree sounds fun!

Any chance you could give him a nudge my direction?

I'll ask a friend we have in common. I don't want to discourage him from using it!

Hi there,

I was about to post my gear for sale, so thought I'd see if you / your daughter are still looking for a kit.

Here's a rough account of the gear:
- The camera is a Nikon D7100, with original battery, charger, and even the dorky lanyard. The lens is a Nikon 10-24 lens (DX), with a sunshade and bag. All plastic caps for camera and lenses are there, and original.
- On the housing side, it's an Ikelite houing using the four-lock port system. It comes with a dome port and extension needed to use the 10-24 lens above. I also have a flat port for macro, although I don't have a macro lens (but an entry-level one is cheap and easy to come by). The housing contains a humidity sensor (flashes and beeps in case of water intrusion), and Ikelite's vacum port is installed too.
- As you'll see in the picture, there are a few other things like a lightweight arm for lights / strobes, two cables for strobes (1X2 and 1X1), a camera cleaning kit (I like to take care of my gear), a strap to keep the camera attached to you while diving, and a few spare o-rings and other pieces.
- I will also throw in the big blue soft cooler (great for traveling / moving the gar around a busy boat), and the F-stop soft-pad camera bag.

I am also a marine scientist, but my work nowadays is mostly computational so I don't get to go into the field as much as I did before. That is all to say that I would be happy to see my gear go to another marine scientist. If you think she might enjoy this gear, let me know.

IMG_3619.jpg
IMG_3623.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom