Houston-Equipment service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Divers Paradise in Webster.
281-395-9292
they have had the same tech for 15 years. They can do most regs except Scubapro.
They are dealers for Aeris, Mares, Dacor, Tusa, & Tilos.
They are one of the cheapest I have found. $129 for a full octopus setup including regular service parts for out of warranty service.
Some people don't get along with the owner there but they do have some of the best prices and the service is fast and done well. You don't have to wait 4 weeks for it to get done!
they aren't perfect-but they have very few returns on servicing and many times it is due to unforceable things like a pinched o-ring during assembly that does not show up during pressure testing until it finally gives days later, or foreign object entry(sand, etc.) getting into the reg during/after dives. I talked to one guy who said they put his Viper 2nd back together wrong but that is impossible. It only freeflowed because it needed adjusting-(a 30 sec. ordeal) The "local" that looked at it during the trip was just puffing himself up and making the customer feel good.
Most people don't realize that it takes about 250 cycles (breathes) before the seat sets in the 2nd stage and if you pick it up and leave on a trip the day after it is serviced it probably is not at it's best adjustment.

Skyjunky:
Anybody have a recommendation for a shop? I'm due for my regulator overhauls.

Take it to Craig at Universal scuba on Westhiemer....Stand-up guy 281-493-0344
He has been a tech for 23 yrs... Been taking my stuff there for yrs....

Dave

I like scuba Houston on Kimberly off of Dairy Ashford & I-10.

I have also taken things to SeaSports - they do a good job, I just don't believe they give the premium customer service for the price (sorry - I know there are a lot of Sea Sports lovers out there!). And maybe I should clarify that my experience has always been at the Westheimer store.

Back
Top Bottom