How About SeaQuest???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve2003

Registered
Reaction score
Well to those of you who did reply to my question earlier reguarding BC'S. I do agree with your responses and my idea of cheap was in the $400-$500 range. I probably should have made that a little more clear sorry to those of you who got a little confused.

Now for my new question.... What are some of your opinions on SEAQUEST BC'S??? And once again price isnt a huge factor. And another thing would be do you think it is a good idea or bad idea to purchase used equip??? Thanks for your help boys and girls I appreciate it. And I do know stuff about diving lol dont think I am dumb but I just wanna check with some other people on opinions. Thanks again!!!

Sea Quest is a quality BC. Shop around and you may find a less expensive BC with the same quality or you may find a BC with more features you like or a better fit for the same price(or you may not). I had inquired about the Seaquest Pro QD here on the board. People who own them generally seemed to say they were quite happy with them, but the pockets were hard to access underwater. Go to as many dive shops as you can and try on as many different makes and models as you can. Try to think about your future diving when you buy(better to spend a little more now on exactly what you want than to regret your purchase and have to trade in on another one). Also go back through the boards and find all the comments you can about whichever BC your leaning toward(I believe there are a handful of Sea Quest posts). Lots of good info here in the "Scubaboard Archives".

The Seaquest Pro-QD is what I was looking at before I tried the Transpac II. It is a quality BC and can be gotten through Leisure Pro for $314.95. Probably a bit more at your LDS.

Tavi

Probably not a great idea unless your buying it from someone you know and you know it was properly serviced(at least as far as your BC, first and second stage, and alternate air source goes). Fins, masks, and wetsuits probably wouldn't be a problem. Just check'em over good before you buy.

Mario S(eaQuest) Caner is a big fan of SeaQuest, he has been using the Black Diamond as long as I have known him and he likes it very well.

He has several in different colors, depending on which eyeshadow he is wearing that day.

Hope this helps

ID

Iguana Ma(Don)na knows me sooo well! LOL!
Tis true, I do love using the Black Diamond BC. It's the most comfortable and capable BC I've ever come across. Check it out here.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Mario,

That is a good lookin' BC. Long list of features. How much do those go for($$)?

I've seen the Black Diamonds on the internet from $330-400 depending on where you get them from. Sometimes you can find a new one that's last years model for $50-100 less then that. Either way it's a great BC.

Hey Mario...have you seen the Black Diamond 2001? I've heard they change the harness system, but we don't have any old ones to compare it to. What are the differences?

I went witht he Seaquest RDS back inflate BC. It is the only piece of original gear I purchased that I am completely satisfied with.

I really like the way it feels in the water, very snug, doesn't move around and feels streamlined in the water. Only drawback is if you're into lots of pocket space. This BC has only one small one sewn into the cumberbund.

Back
Top Bottom