How an independent instructor can sell Mares product as authorized dealer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I'm ignorant of how to unsubscribe from a thread, so this one keeps coming up. So I guess I'll put my two cents in.

First off, it appears to me that this may be a bit more personal - maybe a bit more to the story than you are providing? Just my instincts kicking in. I understand you believe an injustice has been done and you feel like you need to do something about it. If the guy indeed is selling unlawfully and he has converted to personal use items donated with the intent to provide for underpriveleged youth, then something should be done.

The normal, proper way to handle this is a letter to Mares. One letter with all the details and you are done. Hopefully, they would respond back by letter and tell you they resolved the issue and they would thank you for bringing this to their attention. The only reason to bring this up on-line would be to find a contact to report this to - a name and address to send the letter to. If you wanted to bring this practice to the attention of the diving community, you should keep it generic as a warning against using any illicit business, not just that particular one.

Please don't respond back. I am tired of this thread. I only posted this to let you know how I (and I would assume many others on here) would have better (and more effectively) handled this incident. If oyu disagree, that is fine. I don't need to know - you can take or leave this advice. This thread has no value any more - it should close now.

Jim

thank you, that is a reasonable response

top of page, second line, "Thread Tools" ... "Unsubscribe from this Thread"

Back
Top Bottom