How clear is lake rawlings??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep an eye out for Chomp and Negro. Chomp is a crappie with a big hunk taken out of its back, sort of like a snapping turtle got it. The chomp is healed, and he swims around pretty funny. DA Aquamaster and I saw him last summer, and DA A and BabyDuck told me they saw him over Valentine's Day. Negro is some sort of mutant crappie. He is a crappie, but he is black like a Molly fish with really weird white eyes. He may well be a black crappie, but black crappie aren't all black, and he seems like some sort of mutant. Because he is so mutated, I wonder if he made it through the winter, although he looked like he was doing fine last summer. I'm heading to Rawlings the first weekend in April and hope to find them both with my new camera.

When I saw that poor fish all I could think was "C is for cookie."

Rawlings is very clear. Probably the best you will find that isn't chlorinated in the area, no?

How clear is lake Rawlings?

Here ya go....

That video takes me back. I got certified at Rawlings and although it could be a little cold is was a nice spot with usually clear water. If you camp overnight try a night dive. It is a lot of fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom