how deep max. when diving solo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We aren't far off on that. Though rather than depth I'd say it's when I've got to do more than two gas switches. So for me that's probably ~200 feet based on typical gas choices. After which I both want a team and a rebreather.

So I guess that leaves me with, "any dive I'm willing to do on open circuit I'm willing to do solo"

I was referring solely to narcotic issues on air, and not to any other risk factors.

Yesterday's solo Dive.. I don't go deeper than this.

[video=youtube_share;nn-Zi1XeFhU]http://youtu.be/nn-Zi1XeFhU[/video]

My dives are tamer than yours OP, 150s or 160s and about 30 min of deco, but nothing really changes for me whether I have a buddy or not. I plan to have to save myself.

How deep do you dive as max. solo? and the max. decotime?

Max solo depth has been 120 feet, both in zero visibility and with tropical Bonaire diving.

The deco time is whatever it needs to be for your BT.

I'll go up to 1.55 PO2 on solo air dives and max out at 1.3 PO2 on TMx dives.

Pretty much around 10 (15) meters, max.. shooting pics of those nudibranches.. they stay shallow, so do i.. and/if worst case scenario like geting entangled with little air left, some kinda insane panic attack or something. ... i could ascend directly to the surface without any major risk of bending.. note; i dive doubles (know and train on valve drills), do solo work dives in Zero vis.. have had total light failure during nightdives, and soo on.. no problem being comfy in the water, panicking or anything.. so no doubt i Could go deeper, and might will some day. But for now, that depth is fine, and for me i find it "very" safe....

140' with no Deco is my personal max right now once I get Certified in the Tec Side and get comfortable with it I may extend that some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom