How did you add a chest strap to one piece webbing harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Have you used or did you add a chest strap to a one piece (back plate) webbing harness. How did you do it & did it work well? If you’ve got pictures that would be great!

All you need is some paracord and a bolt snap. Slip knot (or that’s what I call it anyway) to one D ring and clip to the other.

This is a fin strap across the chest for hands and feet free moments not a chest strap across the chest

full.jpg

I have yet to bind it!

Boingggg!

Here is an easy and very functional solution. My HOG harness has a 2 inch "dog bone" triglide (2 inch "Dog Bone" Triglide with Fixed D-Ring) on each shoulder strap holding a bent D ring in place. A chest strap is attached to the inner/hexagonal loop on each triglide, and the small outer D ring on the shoulder side is another attachment point. DRIS has the dog bone triglides for $7.95 each, also sells a replacement chest strap (Replacement Chest Strap with Buckle) for $4.50.

All you need is some paracord and a bolt snap. Slip knot (or that’s what I call it anyway) to one D ring and clip to the other.
If I was to use a chest strap, this would be my option. I’ve seen many divers using it.
Me, I don’t use one. Had one on my first harness and removed it.

Back
Top Bottom