How did you add a chest strap to one piece webbing harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is a H harness?
I’ll take some new pictures to show what I do, one piece just doesn’t fit my chest.
22A04439-30AB-48B9-A0CB-6D1A1FD50B97.jpeg

I just tossed these on this partially assembled plate, I also use a T to land my shoulder straps a little further forward
9D9BB35E-2F86-4780-9C77-2F348AD88176.jpeg

The T makes it a 4 piece harness, I use stiffer webbing on the waist belt and carry weight in Zeagle pouches.
This is what I have on my heavy weight Freedom plate
A88CBE95-9671-4E76-BEBF-EEAEC3E01F08.jpeg
6C196D38-2325-45F8-B613-2C10EA56C7FA.jpeg

I put pads on my webbing and also a chest strap. not hard, you do need to unlace the wing to put both of these items on your wing. I will post pics later

Home made, made with manufactured parts, or a complete purchased item? Lots of possibilities from the pretty to the grotesque.....

I’ll take some new pictures to show what I do, one piece just doesn’t fit my chest.
View attachment 619667
I just tossed these on this partially assembled plate, I also use a T to land my shoulder straps a little further forward
View attachment 619668
The T makes it a 4 piece harness, I use stiffer webbing on the waist belt and carry weight in Zeagle pouches.
This is what I have on my heavy weight Freedom plate
View attachment 619669 View attachment 619670

Just like the Diverite Deluxe harness. Right? Now I understand the “H”

Reactions: Zef
My first chest strap was just some 1 inch webbing and plastic slide adjusters/buckle from hobby lobby. Just run the webbing through the slide (or 1 inch triglide), loop it around the webbing, and run it back through the slide. I sewed the non-adjustable side of the plastic buckle in for that chest strap, but my most recent chest strap just runs that free end through the triglide as well.

When putting on the harness, I slide the strap up to the shoulder d-rings, and have never had it slide down while wearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom