How did you deal with snorkel warble in current

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Come to think of it, I actually have never used the snorkel either.If your club insists on diving with a snorkel I'd put one in my pocket and leave it there. Or find a new dive club.

This brings up another (related) tangent.

Our dive club deals with issues of liability frequently, and the one thing that has been stressed by various legal advisors over the years is that once you start requiring certain equipment, the club liability goes way up in case of an accident. The implication is that you are making decisions about what is safe diving and what is not, and then you allow someone to dive with you, it suggests that you have confirmed them to be OK to do that particular dive.

For boat dives, all requirements are deferred to the captain. For shore dives, we don't even assign buddies, since we don't want to be in the position of vetting divers.

So not only is this an annoying requirement of the dive club, without a significant safety consideration (IMHO), but it may actually make things worse for the club legally in case of an accident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom