How do I charge a Cootoo battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I got this in January, haven't had a chance to use it until now, and now that I am leaving - it's dead. I plugged the cable into my computer and the Cootoo, but nothing happens. The light does not come on.

Edit: Ok, there is a faint light showing, so maybe it is charging. How long to recharge one?

It looks like a standard basic phone charger would work. Should I use that?

Last edited:
leave it plugged into a wall plug for an hour or so and see if it comes on
I edited above. Please look at that and let me know.

standard phone charger will work, probably 3-4 hours to charge I would suspect?

It is a user replaceable battery if you really shot it, just pops out and replace. Probably a 14500 lithium cell *AA size*

standard phone charger will work, probably 3-4 hours to charge I would suspect?

It is a user replaceable battery if you really shot it, just pops out and replace. Probably a 14500 lithium cell *AA size*
Thanks. They have a number of videos but nothing basic about charging and turning on. The light it getting brighter now. I'll leave it on the computer cable for now, but take the phone charger.

yeah I'd just leave it on, the dim light is probably because the battery is so dead the voltage drop is enough that the led is dim. Leave it on overnight and try again in the morning. Suggestion for phone charger was because you may have one with a 2a output which will charge it faster than the computer USB port and that will be better for it to get it up to voltage

Thanks again. I have it on the phone charger now. I leave in 9 hours. Hope I am in better shape by then.

It is a rechargeable AAA size 3.7 lithium battery I believe. I leave mine on the charger for a few hours or until I remember it I didn't notice if the light goes out or changes color when finished.

It finally got enough power to turn on - and show "Low Battery." I need to leave it alone I guess. I was afraid I wouldn't get to use it this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom