How do I get rid of the rust on my knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its kind of like a comet (cleaner) or something like that.

The Coca Cola idea is a little scary - especially if it works!!! :wink:

I have used WD-40 and a little steel wool

Ken

Ospho is an industrial product and Naval jelly is a home depot type product. They both contain phosphoric acid, as does coca cola. Use either of the two products for your knife. They both have warnings about ingestion. The coke does not.

LPS III is a coating similar to CRC or WD 40 but it leaves a waxlike coating behind. It's a great rust preventative.

I've used the Coca-Cola trick in the past and it works well, it also does a good job of taking the wax off your windshield after you go through an automatic car wash. Collectors will frequently drain their coke cans before storage because in a few years it will eat right through the can.

coke has many uses. Cleaning Rust, cure upset stomach, put a steak in a pan of coke and in a few days it will dissolve. Local police keep it, as it cleans blood stains from the street. There are more but can't remember all.

Try to use dish-sponge with mild abresives on one side and -believe me or not- oil the knife with your nose-oil (that is what pipe smokers do to their pipes making their pipes shiny) You will see that it works better than any silicone grease:))

Pls excuse me for my bad english...I mean the oily skin of your nose Get the oil of your nose skin and oil your knife with it.(I think this time I explain what I mean..or don't I):)

Phew!

Thanks for clearing that up. I will now be able to keep down my supper tonight - the mental image will not haunt me... :ghosty:

Cheers,

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom