How do I stop finger spool from unspooling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly like the video tbone posted. Do not clip to the spool. Eventually you will break either the clip or the spool doing it that way.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

I was recently thought to do it the way it's done in tbone's video (with a slight modification)... it really is fool proof that way, no unspooling, no risk of breaking the spool etc.

(Disclaimer: I normally use a reel)
I added a loop of elastic to the large loop on the end of the line. When winding back on, it's easy to stretch the elastic over the spool to hold the line in place. When you want to pull the line off the spool, it comes off just as easily.

I look forward to learning how exactly this will kill me ;-)

I added a loop of elastic to the large loop on the end of the line. When winding back on, it's easy to stretch the elastic over the spool to hold the line in place. When you want to pull the line off the spool, it comes off just as easily.

hair tie.....

One of the silcone wrist bands (LIVESTRONG, etc), I also put a o-ring on it (wrist band) so I can grab it with my gloves.

I use the xs lift bags that have the Velcro to keep them rolled I just run that strap through the spool and Velcro it closed.

I went to a little bit bigger line on my spool. I now only have about 35 ft, but it has stayed spooled for about 20 dives or so. Of course, I do check it every dive to make sure that everything is secure. I also found the larger line was easier to deploy.

The shorter line may not fit your style of diving so keep that in mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom