How do I tie a DPV leash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious as to how it causes less wrist fatigue? I always found it was arm fatigue and that just involved offsetting the weight to counteract the torque of the motor.

I'm interested in this as I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new scooter for doing a long dive times (2 hours plus) and it was something I never experienced with my old cuda 850 and its been awhile since I used one extensively.

Thanks

Steve
Some additional food for thought: Many people don't run the tow cord through the bolt snap. They instead use cave line and tie the tow cord to the bolt snap. This allows you to cut away the snap if it becomes fowled and then revert to a double ender to limp you through. It will also cause less wrist fatigue on long scooter dives.

Enjoy :)

I dont like the cave line method. I run the cord through the boltsnap but loop it though once. Under power there's tension and the boltsnap doesnt slip and slide, but if I have do to a sharp turn or something the snap will slip.

If it jams I'll just cut or untie the cord and retie.

In any case, its good to have some slack and a way to take up the slack (tautline hitch or wrap it around handles like on a gavin. doesn't work so well on a suex imo) . I find myself adjusting tow cord lengths based on things like payload and shape of the cave.

Curious as to how it causes less wrist fatigue? I always found it was arm fatigue and that just involved offsetting the weight to counteract the torque of the motor.

I'm interested in this as I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new scooter for doing a long dive times (2 hours plus) and it was something I never experienced with my old cuda 850 and its been awhile since I used one extensively.

Thanks

Steve

The cave line method is sort of like the steering in your car. When you finish a turn and let go of the wheel, the tires track back to a straight forward position. Over the course of a long dive, those minute course directions add up and cause fatigue. PfcAJ is basically talking about the same thing to keep from fighting the slip and slide. It's all a matter of preference and experience. I used to hate the cave line method personally, but long scooter dives have made me a convert.

Hmm, never heard of this before, we use to do 2-3 he scooter rips, and my arm use to get sore from the torque in the engine.

I'll have to try this out sometime, always good to know different ways to skin a cat and if it saves a we but if energy it's even better.

Does it matter how the cord is attached? Meaning vertical at the 6/12 or horizontal at 9/3?

Thanks

Steve

Regards

Steve

Hmm, never heard of this before, we use to do 2-3 he scooter rips, and my arm use to get sore from the torque in the engine.

I'll have to try this out sometime, always good to know different ways to skin a cat and if it saves a we but if energy it's even better.

Does it matter how the cord is attached? Meaning vertical at the 6/12 or horizontal at 9/3?

Thanks

Steve

Regards

Steve

on a long run I grab it with 2 hands. No shame.

Does it matter how the cord is attached? Meaning vertical at the 6/12 or horizontal at 9/3?Steve
I've converted from 3/9 to 6/12. I have an easier time making turns with the leash in that position. I'm not sure if I notice any difference while traveling in a straight line. However, I am new to the scooter scene. I do use two hands to drive my scooter, not out of necessity but it's just easier. My right hand operates the trigger. I rest my left hand on my right hand and manage to point my light at my buddy's scooter.

I've always preferred the 6/12 position as well over the 3/9. Just found it tracked better and pulled better, not to mention it turned easier as well. Well IMO.

And I'm pulling the trigger on the rolls Royce of scooters here shortly as well damn exchange rate. Oh well it's only moolah and I worked my ass off for it, might as well support my addiction!!

Regards

Steve

I've always preferred the 6/12 position as well over the 3/9. Just found it tracked better and pulled better, not to mention it turned easier as well. Well IMO.

And I'm pulling the trigger on the rolls Royce of scooters here shortly as well damn exchange rate. Oh well it's only moolah and I worked my ass off for it, might as well support my addiction!!

Regards

Steve

Xk1? Are you buying with CAD against the Euro or USD?

Xk1? Are you buying with CAD against the Euro or USD?

A quote from Sir Henry Royce (Co-founder of Rolls Royce)

"Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it."

He's getting a Genesis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom