How do I tie a DPV leash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the idea of using an Eye Splice on one end and a Taunt Line Hitch on the other end...

You could make a whoopie out of amsteel/vectran/etc, locked brummel on one end and an adjustable end on the other side. If you do your math right you can get a decent range of adjustability without too much excess.

You could make a whoopie out of amsteel/vectran/etc, locked brummel on one end and an adjustable end on the other side. If you do your math right you can get a decent range of adjustability without too much excess.
Picture pls...I understood about half of what you said but am interested in all of it.

What knots do people use and is there one that snugs down but still allows the line length to be adjusted?

I know this is an old thread but I found an improvement on the taut line hitch - it's the arrowhead knot. It holds much better than the taut line hitch and its inventor explains how it works better and shows how to tie it here:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom