How do I use this Vintage Aquala Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw your post on the Vintage Diving website, but it didn't say anything about your wanting to know how to use the suit. You will have problems with it if you don't follow some advice.

First, you can use just about any cord to tie the suit's front entry chute. It needs to be pleated, then double-folded to be water tight for the front entry. The pleats, which are folded over, need to be tied very tight, and Aquala gave me a couple of heavy rubber ties to do it with.

Second, there is no means of equilization with the suit as you have it. You will need to put your mask under the hood seal, and snort air into the suit through the mask's seal to equalize pressure for descent. For ascent, you will need to bleed off air from an arm seal. This is how it was done in the "old days" of dry suit diving.

OR...you could install an inflator/deflator into the back of the suit using a standard BC inflator hose, and you would have an air-inflation system that is equivalent of the current systems.

Good luck, and tell me how it works (I haven't been in mine, which I no longer own, since about 1982).

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom