How do locals dive in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go find a fishing boat and offer them some gas money. It will be different diving than you likely have done!

Great, you've got a tank full of air, now where do you dive? I suppose one could find cenotes if you have cave/cavern cert but what about ocean dives? Are there feasible shore dives that the local dive shop industry keeps well hidden from tourists?

great question about avail shore diving. i would love to know if there is any. but so far, i have never heard of any avail.

as for diving cenotes on your own ?.....i looked into this quite a while back. i had thought if i had a cavern cert (which i do) there would be no reason i should have to pay a dive shop to take me diving there right ? but i was told that unless you know the cenote land owner, or know someone who knows a land owner etc, they will most likely not allow you to dive even if you were a full cave diver.

this could be all bs. what do i know. or it could be about liability (as if there is any in mexico haha). or it could be about protecting the area dive shops livelihood.

i must admit it would be fantastic if i could simply get tanks at the fill station, pay the cenote entrance fee, and dive all i want. if you find out a way to do it i would love to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom