How do you carry your housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
Pelican is one of the more popular waterproof hardcase manufactures, but if you are having difficulties finding a size that you need, there are a LOT of other options. Lowepro, Ikelite, Sealife, and Domke are just a few of the other manufactures.

Most of the pelican style cases that are of usable size weigh 35 pounds... leaving only twenty to twenty-five pounds for stuff inside... don't you ever go over on your weight allowances?

we just got back from bonaire with two cameras and all the goodies for under water and above water and no problem. We had no problems, as soon as i set it down i told the agent it was underwater photo equipment. he ran it through the machine and called over two younger agents, and used it as a training exercise. We just carried on in a regular carryon case to save weight because they are checking sizes and weights no more than 40 lbs and i cant remember the size.

Bonaire is exactly where I'm going to be taking my stuff; glad to hear there were no problems!

chickdiver:
I fly Delta all the time, and no one has ever bvatted an eyelash. I always tell them exactly what is in my carry-on if I am carrying SCUBA equipment as it speeds things along.

I've never had a problem carrying my regulators on board the aircraft, even after having been inspected by TSA. Usually, I don't advertise what I am carrying however.

I use a lowepro backpack for my system. I take out all the padding, fit my gear in as i like and then place the padding securely around it! Works like a charm. my advice is never check photo/video equipment!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom