How do you personalize your markers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavew0man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After many hours of sawing at the edges of my markers with various sharp objects, and obviously having an idle mind, I began thinking of alternate methods of personalizing them that weren't quite so hard on the kitchen implements.

So I gave one to the dog to see if she would chew it nicely. (This may have been after a beer.) She gave it a halfhearted chew, spit it out, and informed me in the subtle way that dogs have that I should do it myself and get her a proper chew toy.

The one day, hanging out in the dive shop, I said "Hey! Maybe I should glue rhinestones to the markers! You could feel them by touch, and they would be sparkly!". This was actually meant as a joke. However, the instructors thought this was a FABULOUS idea. "Yeah! Pimp my markers!". The experiment has not, to date, been executed. But it might be....

So anyhow, what do you all do to your markers?

I'm not that creative. I used a pair of tin snips to clip the edges of my cookies so they look like an "S" and the I clip on corner off my arrows. I have three slots filed into the sides of all my spools. I like the rhinestone idea :)

i tried that puffy paint that's sposedta be waterproof. um, yeah, it ain't.

so i burned a back point of my arrows into a bit of a glob. they're pink, so that's visible, and they have a burned glob, so that's tactile!

on reels & spools, i have some pink cave line wrapped tightly. if you do line wraps, start with wet line or it will stretch when it gets wet & fall off.

I make my own from Delrin with my initials cut into them.

markers-1.jpg

I'm not that creative. I used a pair of tin snips to clip the edges of my cookies so they look like an "S" and the I clip on corner off my arrows. I have three slots filed into the sides of all my spools. I like the rhinestone idea :)

So those would be Superman markers. I think I'll try the rhinestones this weekend and post the results.

i tried that puffy paint that's sposedta be waterproof. um, yeah, it ain't.

so i burned a back point of my arrows into a bit of a glob. they're pink, so that's visible, and they have a burned glob, so that's tactile!

on reels & spools, i have some pink cave line wrapped tightly. if you do line wraps, start with wet line or it will stretch when it gets wet & fall off.

How about pink AND sparkly? Hmmm... somehow I think that might get made fun of.

... "Hey! Maybe I should glue rhinestones to the markers! You could feel them by touch, and they would be sparkly!". This was actually meant as a joke. However, the instructors thought this was a FABULOUS idea. "Yeah! Pimp my markers!". The experiment has not, to date, been executed. But it might be....

So anyhow, what do you all do to your markers?

I'm totally putting pink & teal rhinestones on my markers! The macho guys I dive with will be mortified when I pull them out!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom