How do you personalize your markers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really boring. In place of cookies, I just use wooden clothespins with my name written on them with a sharpie. Boring, but they are easy to put on and take off and if I happen to lose one they are environmentally friendly. :)

However, I have to admit the rhinestone idea is pretty cool! And I like devilscrowndiver's markers -- I'm just not artistic enough to pull that one off.

I don't know! It hasn't actually been tried yet... but I think the experiment will have to be done. Sounds like a good holidays project.

As the FARKers would say: "This thread useless without pics!".
Of course, they're usually asking for a different kind of pics :)

My arrows are carved with notches to make them unique and have my name on them. For non-directional markers I use novel clothes pins

Attachments

• aliens.JPG
    aliens.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 123
I make my own from Delrin with my initials cut into them.

Hello Devilscrowndiver,

After 25 years of mostly wreck diving around the UK, I'm going to get some cave instruction later this year. At the moment I'm reading forums to get some background knowledge.

I know what arrows and cookies are for, but what's the purpose of your beautifully made rectangular marker?

Regards,

Russ

I know what arrows and cookies are for, but what's the purpose of your beautifully made rectangular marker?

Regards,

Russ[/QUOTE]

That is a "smart" cookie. It's a Mexico thing.

can you find your cookies in the dark:rofl3:

Oooooh! Rhinestones work wonderfully!!! Prior to Intro to Cave, I took blue line arrows, and glued blue rhinestones to them (flower shaped rhinestones LOL).

I went to Home Depot and found some waterproof glue (I think it's used for aquariums or something like that) and so far, they are sticking beautifully.

I have the most unique cave arrows in Marianna :D; plus, in a no-vis situation, they can be identified by feel alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom