How do you protect your Pro Plus 2.1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. X

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sorry - I have used the search button, I promise.

I'm a new PP2 owner and and am worried about the screen getting damaged during dives, transit, etc. I imagine the "screen protector" guards against scratches. But what about accidental knocks against a hard object?

I've seen a hard plastic case on e-bay, but it only fits the 3. I've also seen softer neoprene covers for other similarly-shaped computers. But not the PP2. Do you have any suggestions?

On a related note, I wish Zagg still made InvisiShield for these computers :-( I've read that some have had their stock screen protector fall off.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Nick

I think damage occurs more in transit and storage than diving. We keep ours in standard square regulator bags at home and while traveling. Diving, make sure you have a good manner to secure it. My wife uses a plastic hose clip, I use a brass barrel snap. We have around 200 dives on ours including tight swimthrough and recreational wrecks. The light scratches are not visible while diving.

I know they make the screen protectors and I have seen a yellow full "lid" for them as well. I would hate the lid....

Amazon.com : Oceanic Lens Protector Pro Plus/PP2 : Digital Diving Gauges : Sports & Outdoors

LENS COVER, PRO PLUS/PP2

Good luck, safe travels,
Jay

I'd get the screen protector that @Jayfarmlaw posted and then just properly secure it. I know someone locally that uses a pro plus and aside from normal wear, it's in good shape. The key IMO is to make sure that your gear is properly streamlined and that the console doesn't drag below you.

I never drag any gear. It is always tucked away. I tuck mine under my BC strap while I am diving. It also has a zag on it. It looks brand new after 50 dives.

I use a retractor clip to keep it close. I dive a Zeagle Zena so there really is no place to tuck it. The retractor lets me easily view it and not worry about it dragging.

To protect your computer you can do what I do and store it in a
neoprene beer bottle cozy. It fits perfect. Plus what ljwillia said....

Last edited:
I have had 4 pp computers and the faces are scratched all to hell. The only time you notice it is out of the water, water fills the scratches in and they are not noticeable while diving. And I am rough on my gear mine just hangs down secured in the inflator hose and lP inflator hose strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom