How do YOU secure your Jetstream octopus to your BC??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to secure my Jetstream octopus to my BC. A regular "scum ball" or octopus holder is so tight I'm afraid it would rip the mouthpiece off the octopus before it would get pulled out of its holder-What a surprise that would be for a potential buddy breather.
Has anyone put a seacure mouthpiece on one of these things??

Have you thought about putting it on a necklace and donating your primary? It doesn't get any slicker.

Mike

I thought that "putting it on a necklace and donating your primary" was some type of joke. Now, after a few Moutain Dews I see how that would work. I don't like the idea of taking my regulator out of my mouth-it violates everything those flight attendants tell you.."secure your own oxygen before assisting others"

Ah, there's nuttin' to it. From everything I've read, the distressed diver will go for the reg in your mouth anyway, and having your backup on a necklace right under your chin makes locating it extremely easy.
The way I see it, the distressed diver will need a reg that is working (gaurenteed) and since you're breathing from it, the primary will work. The last thing the distressed diver needs is more distress from trying to locate a backup, unsecuring a backup from some convulation, and then hoping it's not filled with debris or what not. Being the donar, I should be comfortable enough to deal with a little stress, but the distressed diver has enough on his mind.

That's my take.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom