How do you tie the bungee so that the mount would pass over Drysuit wrist ring...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bungee I got from DSS. I think it's 5/32"??

One thing you can try is lacing the mount with one long piece of bungee instead of two separate loops. The over all bungee will be longer providing more bungee to stretch, and you can more easily adjust the the lengths of the loops with regards to each other.

Tobin

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the ideas for the bungee mounts is that two separate bungees would have to fail before loosing my computer, bottom timer, or compass?

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the ideas for the bungee mounts is that two separate bungees would have to fail before loosing my computer, bottom timer, or compass?

Some use one continuous loop, some use two. Lots of choices. There are many many ways to lace our mounts, no single "correct" way.

Tobin

I have mine laced as a continuous loop, with a single knot in the middle, so that if part of the bungie breaks, the gauge will not fall off. It still gives me a lot of ability to adjust the two sides.

I've never hade a piece of bungee on a mount fail, and I have the original DSS Uwatec BT bungee mount still in service. Then bungee will no doubt fail eventually, but mine has 500+ dives and is still going strong.

I have had bungee in other applications "give up" but not on my mounts, at least yet.

Tobin

I'm with you, Tobin -- and I stretch the dickens out of my bungie on the X1 mount, to get it over the big rings on my suit. Bungie's amazingly durable stuff, as long as it isn't stretched over a sharp surface.

Maybe it's the DIR in me but I have seen 100's of these mounts and they were all mounted as two different bungees. Not saying it's right or wrong but I like the idea of it saving my xen from a 1000ft drop. I just dove with Trace Malinowski the PSAI international training director and replaced his failing bungees as he got suited up. His were mounted the same way as mine. Anyway love the mounts, maybe it's a Northeast thing....

Back
Top Bottom