• Bungee

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Hose Retainer Clip

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Cave line, superglue, and a lighter...

Ditto for all but my long hose SM reg which has a small zip tie that can be yank free from my d-ring if needed. I have learned that this needs too be replaced periodically and not cut flush.

I edited my post to remove that as I felt it would be perceived as snarky...which it was.

-Z

A lot of people confuse humor with snarkyness these days. My take is too bad grow up. Sarcasm is lost on many also.

I use a square knot also but like others use the lighter and superglue. The shiny part from the glue on the line can be seen in the picture I posted.

I inspect my gear regularly enough that I have always caught this issue before it progressed to the point that the line attachment failed.

-Z

Exactly.

A lot of people confuse humor with snarkyness these days. My take is too bad grow up. Sarcasm is lost on many also.

I use a square knot also but like others use the lighter and superglue. The shiny part from the glue on the line can be seen in the picture I posted.
There's a good reason for that:
snarky snär′kē
adj.
  • Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
  • adj.
    Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
  • adj.
    Snide and sarcastic; usually out of irritation, often humorously.

There's a good reason for that:
snarky snär′kē
adj.
  • Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide.
  • adj.
    Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.
  • adj.
    Snide and sarcastic; usually out of irritation, often humorously.

So is humor snark or snark humor or can the difference not be seen? I also use the Velcro strips on all the retractors I use. The plastic snap gets replaced by a brass snap secured by velcro.

o-rings and inner tube sections have a tendency to fail at inopportune moments; not a big deal with a light head or 2nd stage because they remain attached to the diver but reels and non-canister lights can fall way and be lost or just the bolt snaps can be lost...at @ $4 to $10 a piece, the bolt snaps are a small investment in and of themselves.

-Z

And that is exactly why I said "for attaching boltsnaps to something with a hose"

The inner tube band is way stronger than an o-ring. Mine have all lasted years, at which point I just replace them when they start looking iffy.

I voted cave line since the question was how do you "tie" your bolt snaps, and I always tie all bolt snaps the way the ISE video shows. Reasons for melting the ends back being beaten to death above. I don't usually use superglue, but that's mainly because I never seem to have it around and frankly couldn't be bothered.
For my second stages though, I use a bungee prusik loop that was stolen/adapted from a video that Brett Hemphill released many years ago. One of the posts about it with pictures below. I find this to be a vastly improved method of dealing with second stages than traditional bolt snap locations
Longhose bungeed bolt snap

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom