How do you travel with your monster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take my video apart, take of the handles, video lamp arms wrap it in my sleep t shirt. The cam it self goes in a Lowenpro small pouch. The MacBook 15 inch in a sleef and also my prescription mask are also in a backpack I carry on. I learned the hard way to take everything you can't do without with me as cabin luggage. As once my gear was sent to Marseille instead of Egypt.

I carry my camera rig in a pelican case. Though after standing in line at the airport I sometimes wish I had the wheeled version of the case.
There’s some good thought provoking ideas in this thread, thanks to everyone.

Cameras and lenses fit nicely into a LowePro backpack (with slot for computer)

Housing, ports, strobes, arms all fit into a Pelican wheelie case, everything is padded with T-shirts usually.

Removing the handles from the housing helps too, but don't forget the allen key and the bolts.

Nwcid, i like that idea i too have the dxd70- it is quite the beast, so make the arms into a handle, and you put it into some kind of little carrying bag

Nope, just fold the arms over the top and carry on as is. I do have a port cover that fits over my dome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom