How does an LP hose seal to a 2nd Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, first new information, clearly the "center cylindrical" shell is not flush. That is with the nut pushed all the way forward. Can it be modified? Just get a new hose?
20190311_174631.jpg

Just get a new hose?
Yes. That seems to be the case.
Can it be modified? I don't know.
Have you used that particular hose with a different second stage?

Yes. That seems to be the case.
Can it be modified? I don't know.
Have you used that particular hose with a different second stage?

No, it was sent by the seller when I purchased the 2nd stage. I'm headed to the LDS for a pool session on Friday; I'll just try other hoses then. The g250 is just a backup and also intended for something to practice breaking down. Thanks!

Bought a new hose today and everything works fine, at least out of water. Agree with PfcAj, probably improperly put together. Incidentally, went to random LDS near work to purchase the new hose, told me $60 for a standard rubber hose of 22" in length. The hell? It did seem more of a recreational operation, but it seemed strange that he had to search a while in the back before finding an LP hose. Just thought it was funny, considering you kinda need those to go anywhere. I told him no thanks and drove to my regular LDS, $16.50.

Anyway, this should conclude my problem. Thanks everyone.

Bought a new hose today and everything works fine, at least out of water. Agree with PfcAj, probably improperly put together. Incidentally, went to random LDS near work to purchase the new hose, told me $60 for a standard rubber hose of 22" in length. The hell? It did seem more of a recreational operation, but it seemed strange that he had to search a while in the back before finding an LP hose. Just thought it was funny, considering you kinda need those to go anywhere. I told him no thanks and drove to my regular LDS, $16.50.

Anyway, this should conclude my problem. Thanks everyone.

22 inches seems kind of short for a primary hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom