How does diving in Little Corn compare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemaster86

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking for a dive trip a little off the beaten path and was considering Little Corn. How would you say the diving compares to other sites in Central America and the Caribbean? If you could put it in terms relative to Cozumel, Bonaire, Ambergris Caye, or Bocas del Toro, it would be most helpful ;-)

We just returned from LCI. I haven't dived any locations you mentioned, but I have in Roatan. In my opinion, it wasn't nearly as good as Roatan. The visibility seemed to be 40' - 50' at the best, at times less. There were plenty of nurse sharks, stingrays, and eagle rays. The first dive I did was Tarpon Channel where the hammerheads hang out. Half of our group seen one, I missed it, again poor visibility. I didn't get a chance to dive that site again. There just doesn't seem to be many big fish. Also did the Blowing Rock dive, which there was a lot of fish there, lots of barracuda, turtles, and a couple of reef sharks, so that was nice, but still not the greatest visibility. But if you want to get off the beaten path, this is a fun choice. All of the dive sites seem to be within 10-15 minutes and both dive operators seem to be comparable. It was a fun place, but if you're going just for the diving, I think you may be a bit let down. But if you're going to have fun and relax and also get some dives in, you'll enjoy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom