How does your computer handle deep dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think one can have all the certifications in the world, and knowledge. But if one does not know how to use your computer, it is worthless. The puck is a pain as you have only one button, and have to toggle between two screens to get the data you need. Fortunately I dive enough to remember it. But for the occasional diver - it is not a good choice.

the middle line is where all the information on the puck pro is.
the light makes it an easy to read computer.
you have a large number for depth then time then total ascent time

I think one can have all the certifications in the world, and knowledge. But if one does not know how to use your computer, it is worthless. The puck is a pain as you have only one button, and have to toggle between two screens to get the data you need. Fortunately I dive enough to remember it. But for the occasional diver - it is not a good choice.
Display Information; After The Dive - Mares Puck Pro Instruction Manual [Page 10]

from the manual it is pretty easy. and i have 3 of the same computers so know it is easy to read and understand

the middle line is where all the information on the puck pro is.
the light makes it an easy to read computer.
you have a large number for depth then time then total ascent time
Thanks! Never used the light before as I didn’t know how to activate till reading the manual about 1 hour ago.

I only try to force deco on it once. Setting one of the puck on air and the other on 32. Did not comprehend what was on the screen. Something like 10 ? Ft? With 10? Min? Did not trigger the timer as I had to get back on the boat when the 1 hour per dive limit was reached. It locked me out for 24 hours. I have both set on instructor mode so it would not lock, and will try again today. Appreciate your feedback on this.

I only try to force deco on it once. Setting one of the puck on air and the other on 32. Did not comprehend what was on the screen. Something like 10 ? Ft? With 10? Min? Did not trigger the timer as I had to get back on the boat when the 1 hour per dive limit was reached. It locked me out for 24 hours. I have both set on instructor mode so it would not lock, and will try again today. Appreciate your feedback on this.
Normally instructor mode will not lock out for ascent violations but will still lock out for deco violations

I am guessing if one really screwed up on the above dive, the rules of half probably will be safe. 130 ft, exceeded ndl by 5 min lets say and computer broke: ascend 30 fpm to 65 ft, 1 min. Ascend to 35 ft, 3 to 5 min. Ascend to 20 ft, stay there till you are down to 500 psi - hopefully at least 10 min? For those who dive nitrox 30 regularly- and on a single air deco, is that safe? And those who understand the physics of deco, will that same rule be safe for air? If so, how much time difference will you need at the 20 ft deco stop, if you exceeded the ndl for a little, lets say 3 min?

Sorry, messed up. From 130 to 60 at 60 fpm, then 60 and above 30 fpm.

Thanks! Never used the light before as I didn’t know how to activate till reading the manual about 1 hour ago.

You buy a complicated piece of equipment that's supposed to keep you safe - and don't read the manual - you just go out and use it???

You buy a complicated piece of equipment that's supposed to keep you safe - and don't read the manual - you just go out and use it???
Yup! Like the other 90% of the divers out there. We rarely ever exceed the nld in 99% of our dives - so why read it cover to cover. Information overload is not good for most people. That’s why I can not do rebreather- I will kill myself for sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom