How does your computer handle deep dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I barely can retain how to use basic functions after a few months now diving it. Is it dementia? It could be? Multiple nitrogen bubble hits to the frontal cortex? Possible.

Yup! Like the other 90% of the divers out there. We rarely ever exceed the nld in 99% of our dives - so why read it cover to cover. Information overload is not good for most people. That’s why I can not do rebreather- I will kill myself for sure!
Because then you will know how it works.this could save your life.

The single button puck is difficult. One day I will invest in a multi button. I heard the perdix is very simplistic even for average joe like myself.

You buy a complicated piece of equipment that's supposed to keep you safe - and don't read the manual - you just go out and use it???
He bought the cheapest comluter on the market with very conservative profile and is doing multiple deep dives taking himself into deco without reading the manual.

It is a very good computer with 1 button. It happens to be the cheapest on the market also and runs a conservative profile.
I must be in the 10% as i read it a few times when i got it and never dive this computer past its NDL.

If i am planning a dive past ndl i will switch it into guage mode and use my petrel 2.
My wife has 2 of these computers and its the reason i have 1 also as i would not want to dive with a buddy diving different algorithms

A
I barely can retain how to use basic functions after a few months now diving it. Is it dementia? It could be? Multiple nitrogen bubble hits to the frontal cortex? Possible.
Also brilliant.

The single button puck is difficult. One day I will invest in a multi button. I heard the perdix is very simplistic even for average joe like myself.
What do you find hard with the 1 button?

I think one can have all the certifications in the world, and knowledge. But if one does not know how to use your computer, it is worthless. The puck is a pain as you have only one button, and have to toggle between two screens to get the data you need. Fortunately I dive enough to remember it. But for the occasional diver - it is not a good choice.

This is correct, if you don't know how to use your life support system, it is useless.

Yup! Like the other 90% of the divers out there. We rarely ever exceed the nld in 99% of our dives - so why read it cover to cover. Information overload is not good for most people. That’s why I can not do rebreather- I will kill myself for sure!

You admit to purposely avoiding learning how to use your life support system.

You admit that you are barely able to retain even the most basic understanding of your life support system.

This is really scary dude. Perhaps you should pick up a different hobby. Ignoring the rebreather comment, I'm worried that you may get yourself killed doing a single tank recreational dive.

After reading the other posts from the op I would suggest that the best computer for them to use would be the one strapped to the instructor that needs to accompany them.

Solo diver??? With 200+ dives??? Unh ... Better bite my tongue. Sorry, got to ==> ignore.

Back
Top Bottom