How "Dry" is a "Drysuit"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 suits, a Andys and a dive rite and I agree on the fact that movement s cause minor leaks. I find that neck movements upward will cause a slight leak in any suit. Bur I dont have much neck either.

I have a CLX450 and the wife has a TLS350 and the best advise either of us could give is to minimize your twisting neck movements and try to move your torso and neck together when looking in either direction. Be aware that when rotating to the left that the auto dump valve may let out a bit of air. This has been a help to both of us and will help when wearing doubles which can weigh down on the suits neck area and not be very forgiving.

I also have a CLX450. I have the zip gloves so no leaks from wrist seals anymore. Initially, after getting the suit I was a bit concerned that I was getting more than condensation in the suit. I seemed to be getting quite wet.

I was concerned but I wasn't getting cold so I kept going. That is when I realized that I was most likely only getting water at the end of the dive. What I discovered with time was that I was getting some leakage through the neck seal. In particular, if I ascended vertically (head up, feet down), just enough air would trap in the seal area and bubble out. I now make sure that I surface horizontally as much as possible, No more significant leaks. At this point, I still wouldn't say that every dive is bone dry but it is much improved.

I occasionally still get a squirt or two coming through the vent valve. I think that tends to occur when I get a bit too much squeeze and have the valve wide open following a decent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom