How far in advance to reserve for Key Largo diving (January)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow - four posts and this very detailed and well based comment. I frequently dive with Conch (and Silent World) and a few others and my "Danger Will Robinson" meter has never gone off.

Now the Keys does have more than its share of drunks and sex offenders, but that is a different story.

Jeff

Stay away from Counch Republic - dangerous operaton

For your alone days, you could go with Rainbow Reef. They provide guides at no extra cost.

+1 that Conch Republic is top notch!

I dove with Conch Republic and I have never seen a better operation. Having been in the merchant marine I am also looking at not just the diving aspect but the boat operation itself.

+1 for Conch Republic, my first choice when I head to key Largo area

This is awesome info, wife and I decided to do Christmas in a warm place for 2013. Looking at rental homes for a week in that area. Lets keep it specific to the question and not a defend CRD operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stay away from Counch Republic - dangerous operaton

Are you a troll of just a nutjob? Do you have something to back up your statement? Grudge? What is it?

I have been diving with Conch Republic for many years including this entire week. Dangerous certainly doesn't describe them at all. They are the friendliest shop in Key Largo. Gary and Brenda are super good peeps.

Do any of the operators do 2-tank night trips (well, probably one twilight and one night)?

(Edit: other than Silent World's double dips on the wrecks, I mean. I'm thinking more of longer/shallower reef dives.)

Last edited:
I dont know of any ops running 2tank night dives unless it is a full charter. Many run 1tank night dives on a regular schedule, like Wed. & Sat, some will run 1tank nigjt trips on request if they have a minimum #of divers sign up.

As for double dips on the wrecks, many dive ops will run those trips. It is more common with the shops that have more tech divers aboard.

Most ops limit dives to 1hour (except planned tech dives), others want you back within a reasonable smount of time as they run on a tight schedule to in 2 trips, even 3, per day. I always ask the crew if they have another trip going out after we get back to the dock.

Welcome to Key Largo. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions, or need a buddy. May even meet up for a :cheers: while you are here.

Happy Diving!
Elena

Welcome to Key Largo. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions, or need a buddy. May even meet up for a :cheers: while you are here.

Happy Diving!
Elena

Elena or anyone else who might be able to help kt with a buddy... I know ktkt from diving with her in Roatan... She is a gamer (and I don't mean video games), a fine diver, and a down right good person...! Only wish she was coming down a week earlier so I could buddy up with her...!!!

lee

Key Largo hosts a number of ScubaBoarders every week. I'm sure that she'll find a good buddy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom