How I dive..... The Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfdiver140

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a spot where anyone who dives a White Fusion can post their configuration body height, weight, undergarments, equipment, lead or any other useful information. This is to help people like me who struggle :idk:, we are not alone. Not everyone buys a drysuit and "poof" dives like Mike Nelson of Sea Hunt. Thank you for your contribution. :D

5.11 190
DSS BP/W with weight plates, Steel HP100 tank, hog configuration
28 lbs with Whites MK3 undergarment, 18 lbs with Whites MK2 John only (includes the BP weight)

It takes some time to get used to the drysuit. With my MK3 undergarment, the venting of the suit is a little trickier than with the MK2 i.e. you really have to be aware of the air bubble as you ascend and make sure that you anticipate the need to vent.

I tend to use as little gas in the suit as possible to avoid the squeeze and to keep me warm, and use the wing for buoyancy control as necessary.

Hope this helps and don't worry, you'll get better at it.

Cheers

5'4", 120 lbs.

Single tank: LP95 or HP130, SS BP, 6 lbs on the cambands, 20 lb weight belt. MK 3 undergarment with 200g Thinsulate vest under it.

Doubles in cold water: LP85s or HP100s, SS plate, 12 lb weight belt. Undergarments as above.

Doubles in warm water: Al80s, Al plate, 6 lbs on bottom bolt. Land's End fleece top & pants.

Dry suit diving takes time to learn. There is nothing unusual about the Fusion, except that you get less air trapping in it because of the skin.

175lbs
5'9.5"

Mk2 undergarment - DiveRite Transpac - Steel hp120 - 18 lbs in the weight pockets.

Easy day :wink:

Haven't gone full blown cold water (below 48F) yet - will adjust when I wear the jacket over the Mk2.

FWIW - when I dove a trilam suit, I wore 22lbs of lead.

5'-7" 205lbs -Mk2 undergarments, 4th element Xerotherm base layer, steel 72ci tank (sometimes steel 95cu) BC Seaquest Pro QD, scuba pro jet fins black, 4lbs ankle weights, weights ? after help from kind, helpful and experianced divers on this site I will give 30lbs a shot and practice, practice practice. As I become better I hope to be able to drop weight.

5'11", 205lbs.
Fusion Bullet, MK2 w/Sport Authority base layer. DSS SS-BP/W, LP80 Tank, SP Jets.
Only 4 dives so far, still working on tuning my weights. Last dive in 40F water:
10 lbs. on BP & 8 lbs. on belt. I think 2-4 more lbs. on belt and lose 2 from BP will get it for me. Toasty as all get out on last dive with just enough air to kill the squeeze. Still have alot of practice to do, but love the Fusion. :wink:

6-0, 205 pounds.

REI base layer, MK2 underwear, steel double 108s, SS backplate: no additional weight needed. When wearing the additional vest with it, I have added an XS Scuba 5# shot V-weight just in case. Not sure it was needed.

REI base layer, MK2 underwear, SP Knighthawk back inflate BCD, AL 80: 16#.

14kg (28p) fusion tech LE, Santi BZ400, Seaquest Balance, 12l steeltank (232bar).

5' 2", 110#. Fusion sport skin, Weezle extreme plus undergarment and socks. In the spring when the water is very cold I wear wicking long johns underneath, otherwise just a sport tank and compression shorts.
Rock boots, hood, dry gloves (snap in rings, but I never take them off).
Ladyhawk BC.
HP steel 100, pony bottle attached.
weighting 12# (5# in each weight pocket and 2# in trim pocket on side opposite pony bottle)

5'9", 195 lbs.

Cold Water Singles: DSS Medium SS BP w/ Weight Plates, Torus 35 wing, MK1/MK3 undergarments. 13 lb weight belt w/ HP100, 17 pounds with AL80.

Temperate Water Singles: Same as above, MK1 undergarment, 10 pounds in weight belt w/ AL80.

Cold Water HP100 Doubles: DSS Medium SS BP w/ Weight Plates, Halcyon 40 pound Evolve wing, MK1/MK3 undergarments. No weight belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom