How in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KROBI

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove with Chris and Lou yesterday at Joe's and man was it was full, how in the world will NH have a cook out and hunt with people floating every where??

Last edited:
We have to get an early start Saturday while all the floaters are working off their hang overs
from the night before. I just hope Joe knows to steer all the floaters away from the NH shelter.

I noticed some people had staked their claim the night before and had sections roped off.

Let the battle begin!

I have to work this weekend so I'm missing all of the festivities. :depressed:

I'm anxious to hear how it all turns out. :popcorn:

It actually wasn't too bad. There were floaters but not hundreds. There might have been 35 give or take. Some were rude with the NH group but for the most part I think things went ok.
BTW, for those that may camp at FRP, it is now $20 a night and that doesn't include the lube for the screwing that you got. More news on a separate thread.

I've been out there when there was close to 100 swimmers. Joe screams at all the divers about staying away from the walls but these swimmers and all jumping off the cliffs. Stay away from the edges and lock your cars when there aren't many divers out there!

Just like when a divers oxygen tanks were checked. The reporter has no clue.
I am willing to bet that divers won't be around much next year.

According to the new FRP facebook page, the sword in the stone is now missing......:idk:

Falling Rock Park | Facebook

Joe will loose the place soon after dumb drunk/stoned kids start to be injured and their parents go after him, his release is not worth the paper it is written on. There has already been one close call this year, if it were not for divers in the area the kid would have surfaced a few days later, his drunk friends didn't even know he was gone........:shocked2:

Great, the descruction of FRP has hit it's first milestone. Could a swimmer have actually gotten the sword out of that boulder? I'd like to know where the $500 reward is coming from? Joe sure doesn't have it. It is completely obvious that the author of the CJ article didn't spend more than 3 min out at the quarry before he/she wrote that article. I'm sure my students that witnessed some under 18 yr old swimmers get drunk/stoned right next to us might also disagree with the article.

What a freakin joke! :shakehead:

The media never gets anything right because they spend about 3 min total gathering facts and then go write an article about what ever their imagination comes up with. It's either totally slanderous or totally fluff!

I hate to see Joe's become what it has. It's right in my backyard and I used to spend allot of time and money out there. I used to dive through the week and even in the winter months. I logged nearly 100 dives out there one year! This year though I've not been out there but two or three time total. Each time I've went I couldn't get a spot at a pavilion and had to carry my gear a couple hundred yards to get to a bench. The last time I was there some jackass had even parked his truck on the ramp leading to the water next to the New Horizons pavilion. The vis is totally shot from all the yahoo's stomping around in the shallows and the bottom is littered with beer cans and trash.

I wish there was somewhere else close to dive because as conditions are around here now, I just don't dive much anymore. :depressed:

Back
Top Bottom