how late in the season can you dive the river?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver32

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How late in the year can you do drift dives on the Niagara River? As far as water conditions etc, not temps. I need one more dive for the season to reach my goal for the year.

Dan

If Isleview park is open, you can start at one end of the park and drift to the other. It's nice to have 2 vehicles as it's a walk. There are 2 entrances. I think it's a mile or more.

Go in under the power lines. Get out at the ramp past the boat launch

I have dove there a few times, but are there restrictions as to how late in the season? Does the park close for the winter? does the river flow or viz change (not that I've ever had really good viz there) drasticly over the winter months?

Firediver32:
I have dove there a few times, but are there restrictions as to how late in the season? Does the park close for the winter? does the river flow or viz change (not that I've ever had really good viz there) drasticly over the winter months?

Call Darryl at DD. He can probably answer your question.
The only one that I would wonder about is if the park closes or not.
Sometimes State and County Parks "close" but are still open to those that want to use them.

I'll be visiting relatives near Rochester on Thanksgiving weekend. Is there still any wreck diving going on in Lake Ontario? If so I'd sure like to dive the St Pete or the Islander.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom