How long after having a child was it before you dived again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that Daniel, and cheers for that Almity – if you could baby sit for, oh, around 18 years, that would be great!

What other aquatic deities are there? We have Poseidon and Neptune but there must be lots of others from various cultures?

‘Davey Jones’

Hard to think of any sea life either: ‘Sea Dragon’ is going to be too frivolous for a name, even if it’s my favourite fish, while ‘Humpback’ is simply going to get the kid bashed at school....

‘Manta’
‘Minke’
‘Moray’

Keep those aquatic names coming....

Cheers,
Rohan.

oh, congrats, tassie! i have a whole list, but we're taking the bubby to his hospital reunion today, so i'll get it to you soon.

Congrats Tassie!!! :)

I am terrible at naming (I have pets called Maxolotl the Axolotl, Mishy the Fishy and Muppy the Guppy... :blush:) so can't offer any help with names :p

Cheers for that Sas - they're some very cool pet names (I'm reserving 'trimix' and 'nitrox' for mine)..

What’s with the addition of the troll icon to the thread heading? I’m genuinely interested in hearing the experiences of recent parents and how it has/has not affected their diving. I’m also racking my brains for a name that may have an aquatic undertone.

I almost can't help it if my threads always degenerate into idle banter.... :D

Our son was born in May and it will be next March when I'll be diving again (being in Montana makes it not so easy either), but this January when I get back in the pool for some review. Waiting until he's at least six months, taking some solid foods and can go a bit longer between feeds.

But I'm so looking forward to getting him in the water and swim lessons as well.

Names: How about Neptune, or Poseidon?

Cheers for that Sas - they're some very cool pet names (I'm reserving 'trimix' and 'nitrox' for mine)..

What’s with the addition of the troll icon to the thread heading? I’m genuinely interested in hearing the experiences of recent parents and how it has/has not affected their diving. I’m also racking my brains for a name that may have an aquatic undertone.

I almost can't help it if my threads always degenerate into idle banter.... :D

Me thinks the mods want to move this into the Basic Scuba section. It sounds more like dive planning question- after a 9 month surface interval, what is the NDL time for a dive to 40'?

i can't lay my hands on my actual list, but here's some off the top of my head -

ronan - it means 'seal'
sheck - i had this and 'exley', but decided against them. 'irby' (his first name) did *not* make the list!
madison, nicholson - what my dive buddies wanted me to name her/him, based on my last dives
blue - yeah, it was on the list
river - ditto
jet - yeah, i thought about naming my baby after a fin
i looked through the baby books & wrote down names with water, river, sea type meanings. did you know 'margaret' means 'pearl'? whoda thunk? 'isla' would be pretty.
in the end, i picked 'karst'. you can use it if you'd like. :)

my sister-in-law is pregnant now, and missed out on diving during our May Coz. trip.
We suggested she name her son SI
...as in surface interval.
At least it would make a cool middle name :wink:

yeah, jen, it's a tunnel in peacock 1

Back
Top Bottom