How long does a Hollis Wing good for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveRD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi.

I'm new at diving and slowly building my gear. I bought a Hollis Wing S38 used on ebay to help cut expenses. How long does this last and how would I know if I got a good deal or not? I have not received it, but curious as to what to look for.

look for any damage to the cover and bladder. fraying at seams for the cover and also the inlet and dump ports, pin holes in the bladder or any seam damage. if not, then you will be fine. wings are fairly tough.

Cool! Thanks for the info. It looks pretty good in the pics. Hoping it will be great up close.

Should I still get my LDS to check this out or is that only for BCD's and Regulators? And do you have any recommendations for a price friendly wrist computer?

blow it up and if it holds air overnight, you should be fine. check the inflator and dump valves for salt residue, consider overhaul or replacement if the previous owner didn't rinse well. if it deflates, use some soapy water to find out where it leaks from. if the inflator hose or dump valve, check for a leaky gasket. small number of pinholes in the bladder can be patched before requiring a full replacement.

oceanic geo/aqualung i200 are options under 300.

Awesome info!! Greatly appreciate the tips and I will do exactly what you said. I will post here if a problem comes up.

Cool! I'll head to my LDS and check those two out. There are so many items, gadgets and gizmos, it's a little confusing on which one's work well and which to avoid. Thank you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom