• 90-120 minutes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • > 120 minutes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Too variable to say

Votes: 19 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As you said, a lot of things will determine how long I stay under the water. but on average 40 to 50.

Rich:mean:

Most of my dives are 60min., my longest just over two hours (Sombrero in Marathon Key), I have many times that my wife is out of air and I share with her so she can stay down abit longer. Sometimes I'll stay near the dive boat and hook up with others, and others I'll get about 45 min. and come up with 1200 lbs.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

90ft for 50min on EAN36 w/ a computer. Usually can do two of those on a nice wreck charter.

My longest, however, was three hours @ 15ft doing "CW" dives (actually in OW) with OW students. I was excited, my RMV was under .3 and I am a pretty big guy. But then again I basically just sat there.

brandon

caymaniac once bubbled...
Most of my dives are 60min., my longest just over two hours (Sombrero in Marathon Key), I have many times that my wife is out of air and I share with her so she can stay down abit longer. Sometimes I'll stay near the dive boat and hook up with others, and others I'll get about 45 min. and come up with 1200 lbs.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

No Kiddin?

My longest dive to date is 1 hour and 1 minute, in about 25 feet of water. Thats about the longest I can make my air last... :)

My average dive is around 40 to 50 mins..and most of them are in 50 to 80 feet of water.. I prefer dives of this length..I tend to get bored of looking at the same reef for an hour..heh :)

Longest dive was just over 2 hours: Cayman wall to 150 feet (behind Cobalt Coast resort - just east of the Turtle Farm).

Could have been shorter but it was the last dive of the trip, my budy and I had plenty of gas left so we
just hovered at the 15 foot stop and slowly trolled along the shallows for a while. Very relaxing...

Most of my diving lately is NJ shore inlet drift dives on the tide and beach dives so around 30-45 minutes.

Single tank 40-60. Doubles 70-90. Deco w/ multiple stages 90-120.

In cold water with a drysuit and LP85, I'm usually around 30-40 minutes for a 45-55' deep dive. Warm water with an AL80, it's in the 45-55 minutes range for the same depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom