• 90-120 minutes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • > 120 minutes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Too variable to say

Votes: 19 8.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typical dives are usually in the 50s minute range

Quick glance shows that average is about 50 min. That's a balance of 35-45 min freshwater dives and warm water dives at 55-75 min. The more regularly I dive, the longer my air lasts. I'm more often limited by air than NDL. In all fairness I'm a rather large man and I used to smoke but my rmv is continually improving and my dive times are extended as a result. To be honest I'm suprised at the results here. You hear people complaining all the time about ops that limit you to 60 min dives, and yet the most popular time is 40-50 mins

I've had dives as short as 22 minutes and as long as 2 hours 46 minutes on a single tank. Factors involved include water temperature, maximum or average depth, thickness of wetsuit (with consideration for the many holes in mine), tank capacity, etc. Generally the average on an 80 cu ft tank is about 70-75 minutes.

It depends. Ex. First dive of the day...I’m generally in “OMG...this is awesome!” mode and go through gas FAST. I’m hoping that won’t be much of an issue for too much longer.

Some examples:

-A shallow dive (ex. ~30’)... I’m looking at 45+ minutes.

-A moderate depth dive (ex. ~60’)...I’m looking at generally 30+ minutes. I’ve got a few in that depth range with 40+.

-I haven’t don’t enough deeper dives (only two at or below 90’) to establish a trend. Both of those were the first dive of the day, so I went through gas quicker than I probably should have. As an example though...to 112’...I did a 33 minute dive and surfaced with 700psi in my HP100 and 1,100 in my AL40.

Picking an average though...somewhere between 40 and 50 minutes.

It obviously depends on depth, but my dives typically last around 60 minutes. Deep dives where most of the interesting stuff is at 35-40m tend to be more like 30 minute dives. Shallow dives are always over 60, my longest 95 minutes.

Too variable to say, but I prefer to get dives in the 45-60 minute range.

My current longest dive is 2 hours 17 minutes, my mouth was very dry after that dive. I chugged my post dive Gatorade.

I usually dive 2-2.5 hours on doubles on 46% EANx. Sometimes twice a day

never long enough....

Not for me. Sometimes I get bored around the 1 hour mark if it's just "all the same".
I new to cavern diving, but while I loved it, some of those smaller cenotes already require two entire laps to even hit 30 minutes.. are ya gonna do three?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom