How many cave divers are here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cavern (NSS-CDS) 2/2006
Intro/Basic (NSS-CDS) 9/2006
Full Cave (IANTD) 9/2007

Had ~150 O/W dives before taking Cavern. 150+ non-cert cave dives in about 20 systems. Last ~50 dives have been sidemount. Stage, no scooters.

OW in 2004
GUE Cave 1 in 2006
GUE Cave 2 in 2008

I had about 50 C1 dives before taking C2.

I've dove:
Ginnie
Peacock
Peacock III
Orange Grove
Little River
Madison Blue
Jackson Blue
Hole in the Wall
Twin Cave
Bozell

Just for the sake of curiosity how many certified cave divers are here?

What year certified as a cave diver, how long certified as an O/W diver before you completed cave training, by what agency, how many cave dives logged, how many different caves have you been in, and what configuration you primarily dive caves in?

Are you stage cave certified, DPV cave certified, sidemount certified?

PADI OW Cert in 2005
PADI AOW and EANx in 2006
GUE Fundamentals in 2006 (Rec), 2007 (Tech upgrade)
GUE Tech 1 in 2008
GUE Cave 1 in 2008
NAUI Trimix II in 2009

I dive in a Hogarthian set up, and am still a new cave diver. I use backmount 130s in Florida, and backmount AL80s in Mexico (so far).

I have been to:

Ginnie
Peacock I
Orange Grove
Madison
Xtabay
Dos Ojos
Eden (both River Run systems)
Taj Mahal
Mayan Blue
Paper Factory Basement
Ice Dives conducted with cave protocols

I do not currently have certification for stage use in caves or dpvs in caves. I have many dpv dives in open water, but think it will be quite a while before using them in a cave. I would like to do Cave 2 in the next year or so.

NAUI Trimix II in 2009

Who was your instructor for this? Buddied with Jay R. maybe? and ???

Just curious as I figured you'd be in Tech2 via Dan at some point so I didn't expect to see this. :)

Who was your instructor for this? Buddied with Jay R. maybe? and ???

Just curious as I figured you'd be in Tech2 via Dan at some point so I didn't expect to see this. :)

Jay took his course with Andrew G. My instructor was Harvey Morash, who is also a GUE trained diver. I do have a few reasons for taking the NAUI course, but still may take the GUE Tech 2, with Dan. I'm just not in a hurry for it now. :)

Jay took his course with Andrew G. My instructor was Harvey Morash, who is also a GUE trained diver. I do have a few reasons for taking the NAUI course, but still may take the GUE Tech 2, with Dan. I'm just not in a hurry for it now. :)

Check, skipping right over normoxic (Trimix1) I see too, you're so precocious :D

Jim:

My original NSS-CDS / NACD full cave cert was 1994 and I was an experienced diver
I have dived in caves and mines in North America, Mexico, Caribbean, Brazil. Have France on the to-do list
Have slightly more than 500 cave dives logged standard North Florida Cave Backmount configuration for the majority of them; side-mount and CCR for the remainder. Did not ride a DPV in a cave (I do have a card by the way) until I had logged about 100 cave dives.

Chantelle, you thinking about doing C2 with Nick in April? There are SO many more systems to see!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom