How many cave divers are here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easy add up your total suba expenses up to this point including travel expenses...

I don't recommend it actually :)

I second the "don't recommend it."

But it's still some of the best money I've ever spent. :)

I have to agree! You can add up all the cost, yet it is still priceless...

OK, I will jump in. I was a general OW vacation resort warm water diver for a number of years before becoming a recreational instructor. I thought I was too old to get into anything more serious before deciding, what the heck, even if I don't get in much cave diving before I hang it up due to age-related decrepitude, that is more than I would have done if I didn't do it at all. So I got my NSS-CDS Apprentice rating in early February, and, Jim, I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Update:
CSS-CDS Cave diver: April 2010
PADI Cave diver (believe it or not): April 2010

Congratulations, John! Now we need to lure you down to Mexico . . .

Update:
CSS-CDS Cave diver: April 2010
PADI Cave diver (believe it or not): April 2010

PADI has a cave diver cert now?

PADI has a cave diver cert now?

Yes. It's brand new. As I understand it, only 4 instructors can offer it. It just happened that my NSS-CDS instructor is one of them. The requirements were written by long-standing cave instructors, so they are pretty consistent with what is done in other agencies.

Yes. It's brand new. As I understand it, only 4 instructors can offer it. It just happened that my NSS-CDS instructor is one of them. The requirements were written by long-standing cave instructors, so they are pretty consistent with what is done in other agencies.

Who was your instructor, if you don't mind my asking (just curious).

The originator of this thread--Jim Wyatt.

Doesn't Jim have a PADI Cave Instructor card from last century when PADI was involved with Cave training? IIRC, that's what he showed us at Little River a couple of years ago... gotta love history!!

PADI_cave2.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom