How many dive cylinders do you currently own ? [Poll]

How many dive cylinders do you currently own ?

• Zero cylinders.

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • 1-2 cylinders

Votes: 50 14.5%
  • 3-4 cylinders

Votes: 46 13.4%
  • 5-6 cylinders

Votes: 46 13.4%
  • 7-8 cylinders

Votes: 29 8.4%
  • More then 8 cylinders.

Votes: 132 38.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this pole shows the Scoreboard pole skew better than any other I have seen.

47% of divers own more then 8 cylinders.:rofl3:
For the 47% group:
How do you store everything?
20181029_021104.jpg

2 AL6
2 HP2L
2 AL40
4 AL40
1 LP95 doubles
3 HP100 doubles
3 HP130 doubles

Need more steel 2L but the rest is juuust about right for what I do .... until the GF starts diving ...

_R

For the 47% group:
View attachment 488611
Mine are loaned out, sitting vertically in a shed or most commonly stored in my car. This winter they get indoor storage in a friend's warm basement. Stacked like cord wood.

Stacked like cord wood
How do you prevent the outermost bottom tanks from rolling sideways and the whole stack collapsing? Cordwood is (IME) usually split and doesn't roll that easily.

How do you prevent the outermost bottom tanks from rolling sideways and the whole stack collapsing? Cordwood is (IME) usually split and doesn't roll that easily.

Ah, good clarification. Lazy cords are stacked between two trees around here. In this case it's my buddy's basement wall and his furnace that provide exterior walls to support the tank pile.... Of course when stacked it's always the one on the bottom that's needed for something.

For the 47% group:
View attachment 488611
Couple in the front hall, couple in the bathroom (gear rinsing in the tub), couple in the laundry room, couple in the office/dive gear den, the bulk of the out of date and the bulk tanks are lined up in the garage, and one sits in the boat (anchor recovery gear). Avoid storing them in the car, gets too hot here. More than one burst disk has gone due to excess heat around here, but none of mine.

Just 2 12litres shorties. I rarely dive more than twice a day... LDS is about 3 minutes away from home, so I can fill them up quite easy.
Just in case I would like to have two more, for a two day trip that would be...

At home we have a dedicated "Dive-room" in the barn where all the equipment is stored of five people. Cylinders stacked on a wooden base on the concrete floor. Base with wooden strips so the cylinders can't go anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom