How many dive cylinders do you currently own ? [Poll]

How many dive cylinders do you currently own ?

• Zero cylinders.

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • 1-2 cylinders

Votes: 50 14.5%
  • 3-4 cylinders

Votes: 46 13.4%
  • 5-6 cylinders

Votes: 46 13.4%
  • 7-8 cylinders

Votes: 29 8.4%
  • More then 8 cylinders.

Votes: 132 38.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just oneAL 80 here that I use for servicing purposes. Easier to rent at this point but plan on puchasing some in the near future once i dial in my tech traiining

4ea AL6
6ea AL19
4ea AL40
6ea AL 80
2 104
2 LP50
2 LP 85

I think

Update to prior post...just got a sweet deal on 2 almost new steel 100's nitrox ready so now have added them to the family

How many dive cylinders do you currently own ?

What is the advantage of owning that number of cylinders ?

Why do you chose not to own any dive cylinders ?

Feel free to make any comments about owning vs not owning dive cylinders.

If you had unlimited funds (but not necessarily unlimited space), what would be the ideal number of cylinders you like to own ? Why ?

At 30 dives im way way way too new to put my hat in the ring but ill say my scenario. I dove last year in cebu P.I. and mexico I will be diving both places every year. Cant bring tanks along on a plane easily so im thinking dont need to buy as I can just rent 100s for local Monterey California diving.

but after doing a channel island liveaboard and diving with women I realize I seem to breath like and elephant and they breath like mice!

So ill be buying at least 1 steel 120 to see how I like it and a second if its great so I can do 2 tank dives off boats in monterey. Heck I was even thinking 1 133 and 1 120 but my diveshop said I dont need a 133 and I dont need a pony tank. Which btw I did want to get a 23 steel pony for travel as a lot of destinations I go normally just have AL80s.

The philosophy in not buying a pony bottle is that ill never solo dive, true, and plan my dive, dive my plan, watch my air. It also plays heck with trim and produces more drag.

I still kinda want a pony but now not sure as hes gotta be right.

sorry for off topic tangent.

Inventory just creeped up again ....

1 set 130's
3 set 100's
1 set 95's

2 130's
4 AL80
2 AL40
2 AL6

2 LP27
1 15

_R

I'm now a proud new father since my tanks again reproduced overnight in my dark garage. I now have a new 3L 300Bar steel tank and a new set of double 8s with 140mm diameter.

Now the total is 53 tanks.
1x 0,85 L Steel 200 bar inflator Tank for a Horsecollar BC
2x 8 L 120Bar Heinke Steel Tanks from the early 50s
2x 7L 200 Bar IWKA Steel Tanks from the 60s
1x Steel 72 2400psi Marked US Divers Broxton Ave and Stamped Rene, from first year of US Divers.
4x 1.5L Composite 300 Bar Tanks
8x 2L 200 Bar Steel Tanks for Argon
6x AL40 Luxfer Stages
3x AL80 Luxfer Stages
4x AL80 Catalina Stages
2x 12L 232 Bar Faber Steel Tanks
2x 8L 200Bar ECS 140mm Steel Tanks
18x 3L 300 Bar ECS Steel Tanks

The 10x 50L 300Bar gas bottles from Air Liquide sitting in my garage are not included, even though they have slipped thru Air Liquide's tracking system:yeahbaby:

Michael

I currently have 2x Steel 80s.
I love them, they stay negatively buoyant which is awesome for cold water diving.

2x AL80s that i got for a ridiculously good price on CL ($100 for both).
i have only used them once each since I bought them 3 years ago because I don't dive much local (to cold for my likes).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom